AMOVEO is a vertically integrated engineering, procurement, construction and development manager specialising in the end-to-end supply of modular solutions to the Australian construction Industry.
“Several years ago, I was introduced to a waterproof wall panel system called Fibo. Fibo is developed and manufactured in Norway where it is used extensively as an alternative to ceramic tiles. Although initially sceptical, the concept of a panel system was very familiar due to my experience as a carpenter. I found working with Fibo very straight forward and was really impressed by the design of the locking tongue and groove. In no time it was easy to understand the benefits that wall panels offered over tiling.
Fibo fundamentally changed for the better the way I consider the adoption of new materials and methodologies!John Annear, Registered Builder, Amoveo Pty Ltd, Australia
As demand for new buildings grows in Australia, I see a need for greater efficiency in construction becoming a necessity. This will change construction methodologies with smart products like Fibo being used more frequently, as it is in other parts of the world. I have made significant career decisions on the strength of that belief and am working hard to see this become a reality. I believe that I can offer my clients better outcomes by choosing to challenge the ‘way things are’ and by trying hard to stay one step ahead of the crowd.”
- Fewer trades required, which has meant that on some projects we no longer need Tilers.
In a single application we can line, waterproof and finish a wet area wall, resulting in a reassign- ment of two bays to improve productivity.
- Time previously lost while waiting for membranes to cure, which represented a significant production risk during periods of high humidity, were no longer an issue.
- The ease and speed of fitting off fixtures without the need to pre-drill is a big productivity gain.
- For most fixings there is no need to noggin-out the frame as the Fibo panel easily supports robe hooks, towel rails, shower screen channels and toilet roll holders thereby reducing materials and weight
- With Fibo we have far less in-transit damage compared to ceramic tiles, which can chip, pop out or crack.
AMOVEO Pty Ltd, Australia:
A vertically integrated engineering, procurement, construction and development manager specialising in the end-to-end supply of modular solutions to the Australian construction Industry.